International Rescue Committee Logistics Officer Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Location: Nairobi (with 30% travel to Somalia)
Scope of work: The International Rescue Committee currently seeks Logistics Officer for its Somalia program, based in Nairobi.
- Where necessary, to manage, or support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the program.
- To assess potential projects as requested by the Operation Coordinator, Operation Coordinator, and other senior management staff.
- To familiarize him/self with the IRC Logistics Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC Logistics Manual.
- Supports the staff in the logistics department in the handling of all procurement and other logistical works and documentations
- Ensure the maintenance of the filing system for the procurement office per grant and helps to update the files as when necessary.
- Provide relevant support for all the procurements in the Nairobi office for the Somalia Program for the field offices
- Review all delivered goods or materials as per the approved contract or Purchase Order (PO) with all relevant documents (delivery notes) being filled appropriately.
- Inform programs and other sectors timely about the delivery of goods and services at the appropriate site as stated on the initial PR document
- Ensure that up-to-date files for price guide / catalogs / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Support the handling of the warehouse, transport issues and other administrative responsibilities that will be assigned to him/her
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or Business management and any other relevant field.
- Knowledge of Somali language will be an added advantage.
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort;
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel);
- At least three year’s experience working as a Logistician or a related field
- Previous NGO work, work in Africa, experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF) is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential. Knowledge of Somali a distinct advantage