RCTP Nyanza Community Health Campaign Coordinators Jobs in Suba and Rongo Kenya 2013
Program Description: The Research Care and Training Program (RCTP), is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
RCTP leads the Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, a comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment program working in over 100 clinics in Nyanza Province, Kenya.
RCTP is seeking 2 motivated individuals to fill the following vacancy for Sustainable East African Research on Community Health (SEARCH). SEARCH is a five year cluster randomized trial to test whether universal ART can improve health, educational, and economic outcomes.
We are going to be conducting a household census in 12 communities and annual multi-disease diagnostic health campaigns.
We will also be supporting ART delivery through FACES clinics.
Job Title: Community Health Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: SEARCH Study Coordinator
Duty Station: Suba and Rongo districts
Duration: Annual appointment, starting March 1, 2013
Job Summary: Overall coordination of 6 annual, multi-diseases Community Health Campaigns (CHC) in 6 communities of 10,000 persons each in Nyanza Kenya
- University or bachelor’s degree or any relevant training
Prior Work Experience
- Prior leadership experience managing teams
- Experience with supervising research (public health or clinical studies)
- Skills in grassroots community development programs, specifically health campaigns would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and Dholuo
- Maintain frequent contact using cell phone, email, and Skype
- Diplomatic with strong leadership skills.
- Able to monitor, gather and evaluate information of broad scope and complexity
- Enthusiasm for community-based development work
- Natural ability to multitask, problem solve, and work with others to resolve challenges
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment with extensive travel to rural sites in southern Nyanza Province
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, mobilization, and implementation of 6 CHC/year.
- Regular meetings and communication with local leaders and Community Units
- Develop CHC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with support from the Study Coordinator
- Recruit, train and supervise field staff to conduct CHC according to the protocol
- Detailed training on the implementation of protocols, SOPs and questionnaires
- Provide mentorship and supervision
- Manage relationships with collaborating institutions and partners
- Participate in the ordering of supplies and equipment for CHC with appropriate use of local resources when available
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of petty cash
- Ensure all CHC activities are completed within the timeline of the study
- Provide monthly reports on the CHCs and regularly communicate with the Study Coordinator
- Other duties as specified by the investigators or Study Coordinator.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter with current position and salary (if applicable), and date available
- A current CV and at least two letters of recommendation
- Copies of official certificates
- Copy of the latest pay slip
- Names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- An email address and a telephone number (land line or mobile)
Applications should be sent electronically to the email addresses below and followed with hard copies of the same to the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write the vacancy number indicated in the Advertisement
Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 614, Code 40100
P.O. Box 614, Code 40100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14th February 2013