Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) Jobs in Kenya 2013
Programme Associate: Finance
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To assist the Finance Department handle core duties and responsibilities as the commission implements a new financial system set to begin in February 2013.
Contractual Period: Fixed term of 4 months with a 1 month probation period to determine the next 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the post holder will:-
- Preparation of donor reports and management quarterly reports.
- Review quarterly financial reports and make necessary recommendations.
- Maintain, disburse and post petty cash and other office floats ensuring that all transactions are properly authorized and supported and that adequate float levels are maintained at all times.
- Make payments against suppliers’ invoices ensuring all relevant support documents are attached.
- Updating in excel worksheet all cheques made and withholding tax certificates issued whenever payments are issued out.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register, assign reference numbers to the assets and ensure that they are adequately insured.
- Daily update of the cash position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities
To be successful in this role the post holder will have the following:
- University graduate in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is an added advantage but not a must.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting programs, hands on experience in Pastel is an added advantage
- Knowledge of fixed assets and petty cash management.
- Good knowledge of office automation and information and communication technology
- Very good understanding of accounting principles, project accounting and project reporting.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO handling accounting responsibilities.
The job holder must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, possess financial awareness and sensitivity,
- be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Interested in and supporting human rights advocacy
- Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability
- Strong commitment to uphold the KHRC principles
How to apply
If you believe you fit the profile, submit your application and CV detailing your suitability for the post and including daytime telephone contact and three referees, preferably your current or previous line managers to email@example.com quoting the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for this position is on 8th February 2013.
Disclaimer: KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Only successful candidates will be contacted