International Finance Corporation (IFC) Financial Markets Investment Analyst Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Background / General description:
The Financial Markets Department, one of IFC’s several industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial subsectors, builds local financial institutions, develops local equity and debt markets and introduces new financing instruments.
The Financial Markets Department is recruiting an investment analyst to join the Investment and Portfolio Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector and private equity fund investments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; create financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements; creating financial models.
- Monitoring existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities and private equity funds.
- Conducting industry and market research, and assist in IFC’s business development efforts.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Maintaining and supporting client relationships to ensure responsive client service.
- University degree with specialization in finance, economics or business.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills; exposure to Excel based financial models.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of the financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions and/or private equity funds.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; understanding of French or Portuguese a plus.