Full Time Faculty (General Surgery) Job in Kenya – The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi 2013
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Full Time Faculty – General Surgery in the Department of Surgery.
- Develop and implement work plans for service growth in both quality and quantity in general surgery in the area of COLO-RECTAL SURGERY.
- Attend and supervise house staff during outpatient clinics;
- Participate in call duties, ward rounds and operating room;
- Oversee attendance and supervision of house staff as per the clinical governance guidelines of the Department of Surgery;
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision of junior staff.
- Teach, assess, and mentor medical school students, interns, and residents;
- Develop and review syllabus for assigned teaching modules;
- Clinical teaching of all staff cadres in applicable inpatient and outpatient services;
- Provides leadership for assigned PGME program roles;
- CME and CBL teachings and attendance;
- Research involvement in areas of University priority and areas consistent with professional interest and knowledge;
- Participation in DRTC, examination and other faculty or departmental meetings as may be determined.
- Applicants must have a Masters of Medicine in Surgery and a fellowship in Colorectal Surgery, and be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ board with board recognition in Surgery.
- S/he should have teaching and research experience or activities to reflect a strong interest.
- Applicants with expertise and experience in elective work for both benign/ oncological colorectal cases and emergency cases will be preferred.
- S/he must have a minimum of two (2) years post fellowship in the subspecialty of colorectal surgery (for colorectal surgeon) and laparoscopic skills.
- S/he should demonstrate a scholarly and reflective approach to clinical practice and the ability to engage in teaching and training others.
For further details, please visit www.aku.edu.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.