Full Time Faculty (Gastro-enterologist) Jobs in Kenya – The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi 2013
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Full Time Faculty – Gastro-enterologist in the Department of Medicine.
- Provide leadership to staff and act as an exemplary role model through leading by example.
- Treat patients in the Gastroenterology Clinic, conduct ward rounds, and participate in internal medicine and gastroenterology call rotas.
- Participate in resident’s modular learning as an educator, in department teaching, research activities and administrative duties as assigned by the Chair
- Take a lead in the development and implementation of clinical pathways, protocols and policies and guide in the management of gastroenterology services.
- Ensure quality indicators are in place to measure efficiency and effectiveness of care delivery and outcomes.
- Through professional leadership, develop and promote the most clinically effective practices employing effective change management strategies to enhance quality of patient care. Participate in establishing standard of care with unit staff and in monitoring delivery of care according to standards.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and members of the public, providing relevant clinical information.
- Develop and maintain evidence based standards of Gastroenterology practice.
- Promote clinical research within the Gastroenterology Department.
- Applicants must have a recognized a Master of Medicine or equivalent with recognition as an internist.
- S/he should be an internationally recognized training programmer in Gastroenterology with eligibility for license to practice in Kenya.
- S/he should have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience at a reputable institution with demonstrated interest in academics and research activities.
- Publications in peer review journals and previous university appointments will be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted