Caritas Switzerland WASH Coordinator / Technical Advisor Job in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Caritas Switzerland is a non-governmental aid agency and works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles (NGO code of conduct).
For its programme in Kenya, Caritas Switzerland is seeking a WASH Coordinator / Technical Advisor (100%)
Location: Kenya (mainly Nairobi and Marsabit)
Contract start: February or soon as possible
Duration: 18 months (with possible extension)
On the one hand, the post-holder will manage the WASH Unit in the Nairobi Office (50%).
On the other hand, the post-holder will provide specific on-site support and accompaniment to one specific Project in Marsabit in North Central Kenya (50%).
- Management of the WASH Unit, its staff, consultants and other resources;
- Development, management and institutionalisation of policies, guidelines, materials, tools, knowledge and learning in the field of WASH;
- Monitoring and evaluation of, and provision of strategic and technical assistance to Caritas’ projects, programmes and partners.
- As WASH Technical Advisor, 50% of the post-holders’ time will be spent on on-site support and accompaniment of one Drought Recovery Project in Marsabit, North Central Kenya;
- Identifying new projects and funding opportunities, including the design of new projects and elaboration new projects proposals; and
- Representation at key WASH meetings in the region and liaison with key donors and partners in the region on WASH issues
- Advanced University degree in a relevant field (e.g. public health, water supply, social sciences, environmental sciences or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance);
- A professional work experience with a non-governmental organisation, including fieldwork experience preferably in Kenya, Somaliland, South Sudan and/or Ethiopia;
- Proven track record in leadership, management, planning and strategic processes;
- Proven track record in working with partners;
- Extensive experience with training, capacity building, PM&E, etc.
- Strong analytical capacity
- Outstanding communication and advisory skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German will be an added advantage;
- Flexibility, good interpersonal and networking skills, ability to work in multi-cultural environment and sensitivity to cultural values; and
- Knowledge of the Caritas network and the structures and relief and development activities of the Catholic Church is an added advantage
Please send your application indicating “WASH-Coordinator“, latest by 15th of February 2013 per email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Caritas Schweiz, Bereich Personal, Löwenstrasse 3, 6002 Luzern
Frau Franziska Koller, Dep.
Head of Department Africa/Latin America,
Tel. +41 (0)41 419 24 84