Tech Sales Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Tech. Sales Manager
Grade: Level 4
Reports To: Commercial Manager
Main External Contacts: Clients
Main Internal Contacts:
- Commercial Manager
- Regional Sales Managers
- Finance department
- Store Assistant
The Sales Representative is responsible for marketing, promoting and selling the data & telecoms products within the designated region
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets as agreed with supervisor.
- Promote, seek and secure sales orders for company products by visiting current and potential customers.
- Liaise with architects, developers, consulting engineers, contractors and distributors to market and sell the products to them and also offer training.
- Develop technical working relationships and partnerships with other players in the industry
- Keep distributors aligned to the agreed plans especially with regard to providing technical support and customer training
- Assist in product diversification
- Prepare and submit sales reports as required.
- Study market trends and carry out market intelligence to establish competitor activity and market trends.
- Make regular sales calls and follow ups to clients regarding their requirements and give a report to the management team
- Participate in sales and marketing events, such as shows, exhibitions and fairs to give technical insights to clients and potential clients
- With the rest of the sales team, train and supervise sales promoters carrying out special promotion events and ensure effective execution of their tasks
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Postgraduate diploma in Marketing or Business Management.
- At least 3 years’ relevant working experience in sales and marketing in a technical environment
- Conversant with structured cabling systems, Local Area Networks and the various brands of LAN cables available in the market.
- Good knowledge of the telecommunications industry in the region
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good team player skills
- Computer literacy including office applications, such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to apply
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received by 18th February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.