Ministry of Finance Jobs vacancies in Nairobi Kenya 2013
The Government of the Republic of Kenya has entered into a financial agreement with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards financing a six year Programme for Rural Outreach of Financial Innovations and Technologies (PROFIT).
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have knowledge of programme management with emphasis on work planning;
- Be computer literate (able to apply basic software);
- Be motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Be fluent in English – written and oral with good report writing skills;
- Have good communication and negotiation skills;
- Have the ability to work as team member; and
- Have commitment to rural poverty reduction and gender equity.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Business, Office Management from a recognized University;
- Additional training in, Project Management, Accounting or Administration
- Minimum three years experience providing administrative/programme support in a busy working environment
- Previous work experience in a donor funded project will be an added advantage
- Additional Qualification in IT (Databases), Secretarial Studies will be added advantage.
- Administering and overseeing PROFIT’s requirements related to travel, office supplies;
- Administrative assistance in the preparation of annual work plan and budgets and progress reports;
- Facilitation of communication amongst PROFIT staff and between them and staff of other implementing partners;
- Organising meetings, workshops and events and taking minutes of meetings as required
- Updating content on the PROFIT website
- Programme, administrative and logistical support to PROFIT staff.
- Assistance in ensuring that programme deadlines are met
- Acting in response to routine correspondence in the absence of the supervisor.
- Maintaining a diary and a calendar of events for the supervisor and other project staff as required
- Oversee filing at the PCU and maintenance of programme database
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The successful candidate will be offered competitive package commensurate with his/her qualification and experience