Junior Accountant jobs Career in Kenya 2013
Position: Junior Accountant
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Our client is seeking a junior accountant to help the senior accountant in applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaid; analyzing and reconciling retains and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures and complying with financial legal requirements.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by management
- Knowledge on accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Planning and organizing skills
- Reporting Skills
- Minimum C.P.A section II from a recognized institution.
- Experience in accounting packages will be an added advantage.
- Strong I.T technical background would be an advantage
- Minimum two (2) years experience as an accounts assistant
- Age – not above 30 years
ONLY candidates fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email
- their detailed CVs,
- indicating your availability and
- expected salary
Via email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Indicate JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT on the subject line.
Deadline for application is 18th February 2013.