IntraHealth International various Jobs vacancies in Kenya 2013
IntraHealth International believes in a world where all people have an equal opportunity for health and well being.
IntraHealth International supports health workers to succeed, improve policies and systems for a strong workforce, and extend health services to meet communities’ needs.
The USAID funded, Intrahealth led FUNZO Kenya project, aims to improve access to and quality of health workforce training by supporting an increased number of new health workers trained; supporting current health worker training needs; strengthening the capacity of training institutions; and strengthening regulatory bodies to enhance training demand.
Working in close partnership with the Ministries of Health, the leading health training institutions in Kenya, and the National Health Training Working Group among others, the project will build responsive, country-led training systems to improve health sector outcomes and the accessibility and quality of health workforce training in Kenya.
IntraHealth International is seeking highly effective and experienced professionals to fill the positions described below:
1. Data Systems Manager
Reporting to the Senior Manager Technology and supervising the Data Systems Officer, the Data Systems Manager works with stakeholders at the Ministries of Health, Regulatory Bodies and Training Institutions to develop information systems on health workforce training.
The information systems are crucial for health workforce planning, assessment of training needs and validation of CPD credits for re-licensure of health care workers.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop health workforce information systems to support the Ministry of Health, Regulatory Bodies and Training Institutions. The systems are based on the IntraHealth IHRIS suite of applications (www.ihris.org).
- Integrate the health workforce information systems with other similar information systems, for example, regulatory bodies, training institutions and other health management information systems.
- Liaise extensively with stakeholders such as the government and other development partners in the development of health workforce information systems.
- Offer technical expertise in the development of new information and data capture systems or enhancement of existing systems
- Coordinate information system development across multiple projects
- Develop and maintain documentation on existing information systems, for example, technical guides and conduct operational and end user training
- Develop relationships with partners and participate in information systems working groups or steering committees responsible for overseeing the evolution and development of health management information systems in Kenya
The ideal person should possess the following:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or in any related field.
- Candidates with Bachelors Degree in the relevant fields and in possession of extensive Information Systems experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years hands on technical experience in creating and managing information systems for decision making.
- Ability to translate client needs into detailed software development requirements.
- Knowledge of requirement development tools, for example, CaseComplete would be an added advantage
- Proven software development experience and extensive knowledge of software development and enterprise software applications. Hands on in MySQL database design, PHP, Linux and Apache
- Excellent information systems, project management skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, Good interpersonal and communication.
2. Compliance and Training Officer
Reporting to the Senior Manager Regulatory Bodies the Compliance and Training officer will work closely with the Curriculum Instructional Design Manager to facilitate program activities relating to curriculum development and review, program compliance to technical and financial obligations and establishment of inventories of courses and curriculum accredited for in service and pre-service training.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, symposia and other project activities that are in line with project priorities.
- Compile cross cadre Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses and activities that can be accredited by regulatory.
- Participate in identification of suitable and cost effective methodologies of teaching and learning.
- Support implementation and compliance to training standards by training institutions
- Support establishment of training evaluation tools and compile program activity reports
- Support adoption and utilization of training database by regulatory bodies.
The ideal person should possess:
- A Bachelors Degree in Education, Curriculum Instructional Design or any other relatedfield.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in project management in Human Resource Development NGO,
- Understanding of technical and financial compliance to USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to develop and sustain good interpersonal relations.
3. Programme Officer
Reporting to the Assistant Director Systems Strengthening the Program Officer will work closely with the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Manager to support the project team lead in ensuring timely report generation after meetings, field visits, workshops and conferences.
The Programme Officer will work with Monitoring and Evaluation team in ensuring all generated concept papers, proposals, best practice documents and other project related reports are stored and tracked efficiently.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the team lead in development and implementation of work plans.
- Initiate and manage training seminars and workshops
- Facilitate the production of program reports
- Prepare reports of program activities
- A Bachelors Degree in Project Management, Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least 3 years similar work experience in an NGO set up.
- Good report writing skills
- Experience with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to develop and sustain good interpersonal relations.
4. Project Accountant
Reporting to the Assistant Director Finance the Project Accountant will provide support in the Finance and Accounting Function of Intrahealth International.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up on staff advances/ receivables
- Check for the accuracy, completeness, adequacy of supporting documents accompanying the Travel Reimbursements Forms (TRFs), and Regional Hub Float accountabilities ensuring compliances with donor and organizations’ policies & procedures
- Ensure all amounts paid to the organizations in liquidation of travel advances are receipted and banked promptly
- Generate Adjusting Journal Vouchers (AJVs) for all approved Travel Reimbursement Forms (TRFs), Regional Hub Floats and other forms of accountabilities and ensure that once reviewed and approved, they are accurately posted into the accounting system in a timely manner
- Prepare a Receivables Ageing analysis on a monthly basis ensuring documented follow-up of long outstanding receivables.
- Ensure the General Ledger is up to date in relation to AJVs for approved Travel Reimbursement Forms (TRFs), returned monies and other forms of accountabilities.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and submit for review and approval within the prescribed timelines.
- Take the lead in compiling accruals and preparation of necessary AJVs in relation to all unpaid obligations at the month end, ensuring that all amounts are captured accurately, traceable to the source documents and coded to the correct projects.
- Co-ordinate the month-end Field financial reporting process to ensure that the soft copy final report is submitted to Headquarters within the prescribed timelines
- Reconcile the monthly Headquarter Financial (Serenic) uploaded reports with the Field Office’s accounting records (QuickBooks), within two weeks from the date the Serenic reports are uploaded.
- Ensure any variances between Serenic and QuickBooks reports are highlighted, addressed, understood and resolved in a timely manner.
- Compile monthly detailed expenditure reports for each project code for distribution to the Supervisor by the 15th of each month.
- Manage the Duty & Tax exemptions process by ensuring exemption applications (DA1 forms) are prepared in a timely, accurate and complete manner in compliance with the organizations’ policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Oversee the management of Petty Cash in the office
- Provide support to the Grants portfolio as required.
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce or any relevant field
- At least 3 years experience in busy accounting department.
- Experience in USAID rules & regulations
- Experience in donor funded organization is preferred.
- Minimum of CPA II
- Well developed Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- High integrity and initiative
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Well developed time-management skills
5. Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Assistant
Reporting to the Assistant Director monitoring and Evaluation the M &E Assistant will provide support to the monitoring and evaluation unit to ensure efficient and effective operation of the M & E unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with M&E team in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the FunzoKenya Project;
- Maintains the Project Information or Database system (including entry, editing and reporting of Project data) to a high level of accuracy and completeness;
- Assists the M&E Department in the Project implementation of M& E activities, which includes but are not limited to:
- Updating of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP); as needed
- Updating the Learning Documentation and Development Plan (LDDP) document as needed
- Facilitate in preparatory activities related to field work – assessments, evaluations, surveys (i.e. liaise with Operations/Logistics; printing of field manuals, etc.)
- Populate the quarterly reporting template for the project
- Following input from M&E Officer, Assistant Director and Communication and Knowledge Management Officer, compile the M&E work plan & M&E projections in MS Excel
- Keep M&E department meeting minutes
- Track M&E activities using existing tools/ templates as per guidance of M&E Officer / Assistant Director of M&E Work closely with Communication and Knowledge Management Officer to document lessons learned and best practices of the project;
- Assist in the compilation and dissemination of Project Reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual), and any other M&E related documentation as requested by the M&E Officers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (IT, Statistics, social science, or a related field)
- At least 1 year working experience in the development field, preferably in the health and/or human resources management area.
- Experience in data analysis (quantitative & qualitative skills)
- Ability to coordinate survey/research
- Skills in statistical applications and other software packages.
If your background, experience and competencies match the specifications above, confidently apply by sending your updated CV, along with a covering letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and the names of three referees one of whom must be your supervisor in your current or former employment to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is February 13, 2013.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer