Distribution Sales Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Distribution Sales Manager
Grade: Level 2
Reports To: Commercial Manager
Supervision: Distribution Outlets
Main External Contacts: Clients
Main Internal Contacts:
- Finance Manager
- Business Enterprise Sales Manager
- Group Technical Manager
- Plant Manager
- Human Resources Manager
The Distribution Manager formulates and implements marketing, sales and customer relations within the distribution outlets in order to increase the organization’s market share.
She/he will develop and negotiate strategic partnership with distributors to enhance the company’s competitive position.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Keep distributors aligned to the agreed plans and ensure availability at all outlets within the designated sales territory.
- Monitor sales of distributors, stockists and key accounts on a regular basis and report accordingly.
- Initiate contracts with distributors and manage the day to day distribution relationships to ensure effective distribution of the company’s products.
- Re-align distributor policies with EAC policies
- Distributors recruitment in new markets and town.
- Establish and maintain good corporate relations and implement a PR and customer care management programme.
- Steer market research and intelligence, and conceptualize new products for the market
- Ensure high level company visibility in the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering related field or a business related degree
- Master in Business Administration is an added advantage
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualifications or its equivalent
- Ten years relevant working experience in sales & marketing management three of which should be at senior level preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience or qualification in the construction industry an added advantage.
- Good marketing, selling and public relations skills
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop, formulate strategy and exercise good judgment
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Member of Professional Body/Society
How to apply
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: email@example.com.
Applications should be received by 18th February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.