Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Customer Service and Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Customer Services and Supply Chain Manager
Main Purpose of the Role
Manage and direct customer service and logistics to delight meet and where possible, exceed the sales, distribution support and service expectations of export customers within the wider East Africa Region.
Participate in the planning, development, and execution of strategies to drive best practices adoption and sustainable value creation in order management; forecasting and logistics service provision management.
Job Scope and Context
- Orders are received and accurately processed on the system according to instructions and available stock
- Orders are followed up with brand owners and affiliates for timely dispatch.
- Shipments arranged according to agreed Incoterm.
- VAP’s shipments by country monitored according to projections with Sales and Marketing teams
- Freight is controlled and monitored
- Required export documentation issued or obtained from brand owners or Affiliate companies.
- Order lead times followed up to mitigate any issues that may come up promptly.
- Advise on Incoterms and other compliance issues that are country specific e.g. pre-inspection.
- Invoices issued correctly
- Debtor invoices received and controlled to align with accounts
Demand and Supply Planning
- Optimum planning and satisfaction of customer’s demand or replenishment needs in the most cost effective way and required speed
- Delivering effective business solutions on time and error-free, monitoring the effectiveness of solution design
- Ensure a monthly rolling forecast for each customer and develop a collaborative approach with sales, marketing in order to achieve an accurate projection. Use of appropriate forecasting tools is essential
- Ensure proper coordination of product availability in any contracted logistics provider warehouses in line with forecast projections as well as stock cover policy to avoid out of stock.
- Monitor and keep a timely record of lead times from brand owners and other affiliates to consolidation warehouse or customer directly in order to avoid any compromise of order dispatches as per customer needs and expectations.
Productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders maintained
- Develop a collaborative relationship with Sales and marketing
- Sustained relationship with Logistics Providers
- Develop and manage relationship with other agencies
Minimum Educational Requirements and Work Experience:
- University graduate in either supply chain, business management with minimum 2 year experience in a supply chain role or university graduate in any other field with 3 years minimum experience in a supply chain role.
- A graduate diploma (CIPS) or any other national higher diploma in Supply Chain or Logistics with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in import and export order processing and supply chain within cross borders is an added advantage.
- French speaking is also an added advantage.
Functional and Technical Competencies: Demand and Supply Planning (Forecasting), ERP and IT processing, Import/ Export Procedure, Excellent Communication skills, Customer Service, Warehousing and distribution, good geographical knowledge.
How to apply
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted