Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Kenya 2013 (KShs 60K)
Gross Salary: 60K
Role Objective: The overall responsibility of the candidate will be to maintain financial and accounting services for the company and ensure that internal and external financial and accounting requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Manage the maintenance of accounting systems, data and the presentation of financial data for both internal managerial purpose and external reporting requirements.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and general ledger balance sheet items to the trial balance.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Ensure timely processing of monthly payroll.
- Prepare and make timely submission of statutory and non- statutory payments such as Income taxes, NSSF, NHIF and pensions.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Should have a professional qualification on accounting – at least CPA II or its equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with staff, partners and leaders at all levels.
- Have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft office packages particularly Excel
- Experience in using accounting packages Quick books.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.