Soft Drinks Company Chief Accountant Jobs vacancy in Nyeri Kenya 2013
Our client has been providing world class soft drinks to consumers in Kenya and East Africa for over 55 years. It is one of the pioneers and leading soft drinks brands.
To manage staff accountants and the Accounting/Audit departments as they relate to the financial reporting and transactional accounting of the company.
Co-ordinate the monthly departmental revenue monitoring statements and prepare reports to the Corporate Leadership team and the Board.
Key duties / responsibilities of Chief Accountant:
- Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department
- Closely monitors the development and maintenance the ERP system
- Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assures compliance with state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for distributing financial statements and cost center reports.
- Prepares work papers and supporting schedules for the annual financial review.
- Staff management and development.
- Assist with annual budgets – prepares all allocations.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for all taxes obligations.
- Preparation of the monthly statutory accounts and consolidated financial statements.
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets.
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, audit, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in ERP Financial Consulting
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections:
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, three to five years of accounting experience and successful completion of ACCA/CPA exams.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Leadership and Negotiation skills are a must.
- Experience working in the FMCG industry is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing and the excise tax regime will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your application.