I Choose Life (ICL) Human Resource Manager Jobs career in Kenya 2013
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today.
ICL urgently seeks to recruit a Human Resource Manager will be responsible for management of the Human Resources function of ICL in a manner that ensures a motivating working environment and a skilled and passionate workforce that facilitates the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Implement the human resources management strategy based on the organizational strategy to ensure that organizational objectives are met.
- Implement and continuously update human resource management policies and procedures including an optimal performance management system and process for ICL.
- Responsible for talent management activities by assessing staff skills within ICL against specified competencies, identifying skills gaps and putting in place staff development programmes that address such gaps.
- Develop and implement appropriate human resources planning and recruitment activities, implement staff retention strategies that reflect best practices.
- Administer and monitor the performance management systems (Balanced Scorecard) and ensure that HR department set SMART performance objectives that reflect ICL’s performance goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate succession plans that are linked to ICL’s organization structure.
- Prepare and manage the Human Resource budget and ensure that it is utilized in an optimal manner.
- Manage employee discipline and ensure compliance with ICL’s rules and regulations in all instances.
- Manage employee relations matters, train and offer general guidance to managers and supervisors on staff management skills.
- Continually review and update the terms and conditions of service of employees.
- Implement employee health and safety standards ensuring that ICL is compliant with employment legislature
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or Social Science and a higher diploma in Human Resource Management.
- The person should have at least 5 years proven experience in Human Resources 2 years of which should be at supervisory level.
- Thorough knowledge of Labour laws
- Passion and commitment to quality service performance
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Competence in managing people issues