OSCAR’s Health and Well-Being Project Jobs vacancy in Eldoret Kenya 2013
The Orphaned and Separated Children’s Assessments Related (OSCAR) to their Health and Well-Being Project is a 5 year NIH-funded cohort study examining the influence of care environment on the health and well-being of orphaned and separated children in greater Uasin Gishu region.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the following vacant positions.
Role: Be responsible for a majority of the clinical duties including medical examinations, referrals, and clinical administration as required.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Clinical Care Coordinator of the OSCAR project at the AMPATH Centre in Eldoret, the successful candidate will implement clinical care activities for OSCAR participants at both the MTRH site and in the field.
This will include the following:
- Provide outpatient services at the MTRH site and any other site as may be directed.
- Co-ordinate and control all clinical services and clinical staff at the clinics
- Promote efficiency and high standards of medical and healthcare delivery including curative and preventive services.
- Development of intervention programs and activities that improve health care delivery in the respective sites.
- Management of resources for optimum clinical operations within the clinics.
- Involvement in the professional guidance and training of staff to ensure highest standards of healthcare
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Any other duties as may be assigned
The ideal candidate must posses:-
- Bachelors of medicine and bachelors of surgery from a recognized university
- More than one-year practical experience in a busy hospital.
- Have done significant work in paediatrics, obstetrics, psychiatry, adolescent care centre and /or gynaecology in the recent past
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical care
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, problem-solving, and project coordination
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will be employed on a 1-year renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances.
Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications and copies of certificate together with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of current remuneration and contact to:-
AMPATH Chief of Party / CEO
P.O. Box 4606 – 30100
P.O. Box 4606 – 30100
So as to reach him not later than 15th February 2013:
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.