NDI Somalia Program Officer Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2013
Title: Program Officer
NDI Somalia is seeking a program officer who will lead its civic education programs under the supervision of the Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design of the civic education programs during proposal writing, work-planning, and strategic development and assist in development and updating of program work plans and budgets.
- Manage program components and staff ensuring conformity with NDI policies, program strategy, budget, work plans, and partner needs.
- Organize and oversee consulting services, coaching and training services for partners.
- Assist in the development or editing of workshop agendas, terms of reference, briefing materials, and trainer reports for trainings and conferences.
- Respond to requests as they arise.
- Continue proactive learning of new techniques to best manage and implement programs.
- Prepare budgets for programs and ensure activity and trip budgets are prepared accurately and within the program budget.
- Track program expenses to ensure that the program activities remain within budget.
- Collect or oversee collection of receipts for program activities; prepare or oversee preparation of trip reconciliation; and, ensure relevant finance documentation for program activities is given to the finance officer.
- Prepare regular financial reports and reconciliations as necessary for your role and responsibilities under direction of supervising officer / manager
- Ensure that the Program Manager has signed-off on budget alterations and expenses when necessary and is apprised when changes are necessary in the program or activity budget.
- Ensure the collection of relevant data to evaluate program progress and outcomes.
- Provide analysis of data to determine the quality and impact of program activities
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities including background, descriptions of activities, evaluation of program performance, and analysis.
- Ensure regular activity reports are provided by staff and consultants
- Communicate regularly with Washington based regional and functional staff.
- Regularly communicate formally and informally with other program staff and Washington about what is happening in your programmatic area.
- Participate in staff meetings and present weekly program updates.
- Represent NDI to Somali organizations and the donor community as delegated by the Program Manager.
- The PO is expected to provide specific terms of reference for, and routine communication to his or her direct reports describing their roles and responsibilities to successfully implement the program.
- The PO must concur with all leave requests for his or her direct reports.
- The PO is expected to provide regular feedback to his or her direct reports on performance and will contribute to the annual performance reviews of his or her direct reports.
- Undergraduate degree in International Relations or related subject; graduate degree preferred;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience with international organizations working on civic education programs, organizational development, political campaigns or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in program design and management and ability to effectively implement democracy programs;
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, coordinate and create program synergies;
- Experience working with media and/or technology preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Somali is required;
- Computer literacy is required;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively and appropriately handle stressful working conditions;
- Openness to work effectively and without bias with all communities in Somalia;
- Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing program responsibilities;
- Ability to travel to and work outside Kenya.