KCB Group Head of Investment Banking Job vacancy in Kenya 2013
Head, Investment Banking, KCB Group
Job Ref: CORP 03/2013
Reporting to the Group Chief Business Officer Kenya, the Head of Investment Banking will establish and manage KCB Bank Group’s Investment Banking unit to enable the Bank attain market leadership position in Investment Banking within the region in line with the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of KCB’s investment banking unit business plan including development of strategies, client segmentation, marketing plans, and execution criteria
- Generation of revenues for the Corporate Banking division from debt capital market transactions.
- Drive the business into a lead arranger role for debt capital markets deals across the region.
- Drive the expansion of the corporate finance/investment banking business by identifying and developing new areas of growth.
- In conjunction with the corporate banking team leverage off the bank’s customer base in order to originate debt capital markets mandates.
- Development of financing structures that are responsive to customers’ needs.
- Cross selling of the Bank’s products and services to sustain long term profitability from each relationship.
- Lead and coordinate execution of transactions through all stages from inception to close.
- Train, coach and develop a high functioning investment banking team able to offer customers a broad range of quality investment banking services including but not limited to debt, equity, project finance, M&A advisory and brokerage services.
- Build strong strategic relationships in the private and public sectors and to position KCB as a trusted advisor to customers.
- Manage credit risk through loan syndications.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in a Finance, Business, Investment or Economics related field. A post graduate degree and/or qualification such as Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in progressive positions in investment banking. Structured and/or corporate finance or loan syndications in a dynamic financial institution or in management consulting. Experience of at least 2 years in a senior management position such as Vice President or Director will be a plus.
- Proven ability to pursue and secure corporate finance transactions in the corporate and public sectors.
- Experience in execution of debt capital market transactions including selection of target banks, book building, negotiation of documentation, and closing arrangements.
- Strong analytical & economic research skills.
- Experience in leading and managing teams in an investment banking environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of local legal, tax, regulatory rules in the capital markets area.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive client networks in the East African region will be a plus.
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 18th February 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.