Finlays Export and Documentation Coordinator Tea Extracts Jobs in Kericho Kenya 2013
Export and Documentation Coordinator Tea Extracts, Kenya
Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agribusiness that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products. Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 21,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organisation is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
A vacancy has arisen for a supply chain professional who is a dynamic and self focused self starter with a passion for excellence, customers, people development and quality products.
The position is based at our Tea Extracts operation located in Kericho, Kenya. Tea Extracts Kenya is part of the global Finlays Tea Solutions business.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager – Tea Extracts Kenya, the successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Tea Extracts Team and manage all export shipments by ensuring all documents are submitted on time, the target vessels are met, TREO application and cancellation is done in timely manner and communication is done in a pro-active manner.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Prepare and submit all shipping documents to clearing and forwarding agents in a timely manner. This is for both ocean and air shipments.
- Coordinate all shipments with sales office, clearing and forwarding agents and logistics providers to ensure that they meet the target vessels/ flights.
- Prepare and submit all commercial invoices to sales office in a timely manner.
- Manage Treo application and cancellation.
- Receive, check and verify all service providers invoices related to logistics before approval for payment.
- Manage the SLA’s.
- Prepare and submit sales and logistics report on monthly basis.
- Drive shipping activities to meet the required shipping dates, proactively communicating updated shipping timings versus required shipping timings to the sales offices.
- Prepare and circulate a four week rolling shipping forecast to shipping lines, third party logistics providers, sales offices and clearing and forwarding agents.
- Participate in rates negotiations for all logistics related services.
- Ensure all the export entries are received and filed to facilitate VAT/TREO returns.
- Ensure all documentation and records are up to date in terms update and filling.
- Manage all queries related to shipments from the sales office.
- Implementing factory policies, legal and regulatory requirements e.g. Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate must possess the qualifications / competencies outlined below:
- Degree in business Administration or any business related field;
- Post graduate diploma in supply chain management is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on incoterms is a must.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in export and logistics role.
- Must be familiar with local legislation in relation to import and export and VAT/ TREO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly numerate and computer literate.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please submit an application, including a detailed CV, your postal, e-mail and telephone contacts and the names and addresses of three referees one of whom must be your current supervisor.
Your application, clearly indicating the position you are applying for should reach us not later than 15th February 2013 and be addressed to:
Human Resources Director
P O Box 223 – 20200,
P O Box 223 – 20200,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.