Del Monte National Sales Manager Jobs vacancy in Thika Kenya 2013
Del Monte Kenya Limited located in Thika – Kenya is a leading producer, marketer and distributor of premium quality foods, fresh and processed pineapple fruit and fruit juice beverages.
As part of our commitment to meeting our performance objectives, we are looking for a top class individual to fill a vacant position in Sales & Marketing Department.
National Sales Manager
Reporting to Director, Sales & Marketing – Sub-Saharan Africa, the job holder will be responsible for securing Customer, Consumer, and Competitor focus in Kenya in close co-operation with the regional team.
The National Sales Manager, will challenge, change, and empower the sales team in order to achieve the short and long term Del Monte business objectives in Kenya, whilst building the long-term Brand equity.
- To establish sales and market execution strategies for Del Monte brand and for possible new products to ensure achievement of Del Monte’s overall strategic objectives, sales and profit targets.
- To prepare annual Business Plan, NPD plan, trade marketing in accordance with long term strategies of the company.
- To reach sales volume and profitability targets for all products and possible new products as laid out in the annual company budget and marketing plan.
- To manage and continuously develop and optimize the distributor and their distribution network.
- To make regular market visits, to actively assist the sales and marketing team in achieving sales objectives and to maintain a hands on awareness of the market.
- To maintain close working relationship with the subordinates and build a high momentum and spirit of sales team at all times.
- To ensure an active and profitable development of the route to market in close co-operation with production and logistics.
- To develop, upgrade and execute the below the line activities and ensure consistent and optimum marketing impact through proper execution of such activities.
- Development and implementation of training programs for the sales team and ensure that the whole sales force are having a clear understanding and can use all sales tools to have optimal focus on customer, consumer, and competition.
- KPI’s: Profit, Volume, Net sales, Market Share, Keeping costs to budget, NPD development and successful implementation, delivery of all plans on time.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:-
- The candidates must be familiar with or have a solid background from a Multinational FMCG.
- Well versed in working with sales, distribution, marketing and trade marketing areas.
- Have a big and deep understanding for brands, sales, distribution, and marketing strategies.
- Have at least 4-6 years of senior managerial work experience preferably in a National Sales Manager environment with a total of 8+ year’s experience.
- Strategic consumer/ customer/ competitor and business thinking capacity.
- Action oriented and capable of implementing.
- High work capacity.
- Strong leadership and sales team management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and inspire the team and stake holders.
- Dynamic personality and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mature with an age at least in the early to mid thirties.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
APPLICATIONS WITH DETAILED CV ONLY, indicating current and expected remunerations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by 15th February, 2013.