USAID Contractor Regional Accountant Jobs in Mombasa Kenya 2013
- support for payroll functions;
- processing payments for operational and program expenditures;
- preparing monthly bank reconciliations;
- supervising vendor payments;
- providing financial analysis and projections;
- monitoring and tracking grant and contract expenditures as needed;
- providing all information required for regular financial reporting; and
- other duties as assigned in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must possess a BCOM, at least a CPA III, and have at least five years of accounting experience, including three years relevant experience in financial administration and management for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Candidates are preferred to have experience in Mombasa or elsewhere on the Kenyan Coast, as a demonstrated understanding of local banking conditions is required.
- All candidates must demonstrate strong skills in computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as accounting software such as QuickBooks or others.
- Candidates must also be able to work independently, to prioritize multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the program.
- Previous supervisory experience also preferred.
Please include “Regional Accountant Position” as the subject of the message.
To Apply: Applications should be sent via email to HRNairobi@kenyati.com no later than Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 5:00 p.m.