WWF Kenya Country Office Marine Project Manager and Finance & Administration Officer Jobs vacancy in Lamu 2013
Marine Project Manager
To be based in Mkokoni, Lamu.
Under the supervision of the Coastal Kenya Programme (CKP) Coordinator, the Marine Project Manager will ensure that the WWF Coastal Kenya Programme Action Plan is effectively implemented through this particular project by providing advice and collaboration as appropriate to the Programme Coordinator.
The incumbent must possess:
- A university degree in Marine Natural Resource/MarineEnvironmental Management, Project Management, Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Botany or related field;
- at least 3 years experience in a similar position;
- technical proficiency in conservation and marine natural resource management;
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili, knowledge of local cultures are added advantages;
- clean driving license (minimum Class E), with at least 3 years driving experience;
- skills in negotiation, liaison, and in relationship and conflict management;
- good skills in project planning, proposal writing, management, implementation and evaluation as well as experience of working with a diversity of donors;
- a working knowledge of financial management, especially of projects;
- ability to work in a multi-cultural environment that is sensitive to cultural, religious and gender differences and promoting team synergy;
- ability to network and to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, both internally and with local communities, government agencies, the not-for-profit sector and the scientific community; adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands.
To be based in Lamu.
Under the supervision of the Coastal Kenya Programme (CKP) Coordinator, the Finance and Administration Officer
- ensures the implementation of finance, accounting and administration systems, policies, and procedures in the WWF CKP Office; in collaboration with the Project Managers and Executants, ensure all grant proposals for projects reflect WWF’s Finance and Administration policy;
- prepare scheduled and general project administrative, financial and grants budgets and financial reports thereof and submit to WWF-KCO within set deadlines;
- monitor the project cash flow, follow up on transfers with KCO and maintain updated bank records;
- develop and maintain a cash handling and transaction protocol, that reconciles with the specific funding agency (KCO,WWF network, Others);
- closely monitors and carries out periodic reviews of the projects’ administrative expenditure so as to advice Project Managers and/or Executants on efficient and effective utilization of human and fiscal resources;
- ensure efficient and economical procurement of all supplies and manage their storage, issuance and use; ensure that all relevant documentation is properly and securely filed.
- a minimum of CPA (Part) 3 or equivalent;
- a university degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or related field will be an added advantage;
- three years experience in a busy finance / accounting office;
- developed financial management / accounting skills are essential;
- advanced computer skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel, email and intranet tools software especially ORACLE;
- thorough understanding of international and local finance and accounting systems;
- good knowledge of fund accounting; strong analytical skills and ability to set priorities and complete tasks with minimum supervision;
- experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of F&A system, policies and procedures, preferably in the context of an international organization;
- ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and adherence to strict deadlines;
- ability to work in a multi-cultural environment that is sensitive to cultural, religious and gender differences and promoting team synergy; good report writing skills;
- excellent oral and written English and Swahili.
WWF Kenya Country Office
P.O. Box 62440 Nairobi, 00200