Soliton Telmec Multiple Jobs vacancies in Kenya 2013
Our Client, Soliton Telmec, a well-established, local company headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is a leading provider of integrated telecommunications solutions in the East African region.
The company undertakes the construction and support of infrastructure projects for service providers offering services to the public, governmental institutions building network infrastructure for their own use or for the public and enterprises constructing their own networks.
Their services entail networks and systems planning, design, implementation, maintenance and support.
The company also provides advanced networks test and quality assurance solutions as well as precision equipments for use in the construction and maintenance of fibre optic networks.
The company has ambitious plans to grow its business and extend its services both in Kenya and the region.
In this regard, the Company wishes to recruit for the three key positions described in detail below:
Head, Sales & Marketing – ICT
Soliton Telmec wishes to identify a results-driven and business savvy sales and marketing professional with requisite sales experience and knowledge of ICT trends and products, to join the team so as to spearhead and drive the growth initiatives in this area.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be charged with the responsibility of winning new business both locally and regionally and providing recommendations concerning investments into related business areas and the creation of new products and services.
- Directing the activities of Sales & Marketing department including sales, marketing, product development, market segmentation and client acquisition
- Supporting technical team in research and development and developing strategies to win business
- Negotiating for business deals and development of effective presentations and proposals
- Coordinating communication between partners/clients and the company to promote relations to, enhance satisfaction and loyalty
- Managing departmental teams including technical and non-technical staff
- Traveling as required and being proactive in the achievement of above duties
Key Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- A university degree in a business or technical field of study with over three (3) years of experience in a similar role. An MBA would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of and experience in products, systems and policies in the ICT sector
- Skilled and experienced in formulating and implementing marketing and sales plans in a competitive, corporate environment
- Ability to develop plans and to analyse and interpret financial data
- High level ability to effectively communicate and make convincing presentations to wider public
- Ability to effectively manage and inspire teams and develop a flexible work schedule that includes traveling
Systems Solutions Architect
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, and based in Nairobi, you will be responsible for consulting, analysis, and design for data storage and protection solutions.
You will work closely with sales, solutions delivery teams, customers and partners to ensure a smooth implementation and transition.
Your role will focus on designing Systems solutions activities on data center related client projects including storage and virtualization — including IBM, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Oracle etc.
- Working with clients and project teams to identify business and technical requirements.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, business partners, and sales and delivery teams.
- Planning, managing and participating in the diagnosis (current state), detailed design (future state) and deployment of storage related processes and technologies including storage, backup/recovery and data management.
- Identifying opportunities to drive more value from an organization’s existing and planned storage investment through a combination of technical, operational and organizational initiatives.
- Demonstrating holistic data center technologies knowledge (e.g. server, network, applications, etc.) to improve end to end solutions.
- Leading technology evaluation and selection efforts.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Telecommunication engineering and related disciplines from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in storage, SAN, backup, disaster recovery, operating systems, servers, enterprise applications and data migration solutions.
- Required Technical Focus Areas: Server virtualization and Server hardware product with focus on blade server technologies, Storage hardware (SAN, NAS) Data Protection & Archival solutions, and Converged infrastructure solutions (integrated server, storage, networking & virtualization products).
- Ability to design scalable storage and backup/recovery architectures for critical business systems and design and deployment of advanced computing and storage technologies, e.g. server virtualization, storage virtualization, etc.
- Technical certifications for storage and server products. Familiarity with IBM, EMC, Dell and Oracle products is preferred.
- Experience in complex deals with strong storage and servers emphasis.
Network Solutions Architect
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, and based in Nairobi, you will be responsible for providing a variety of technical and non-technical consulting, and advisory services for clients both inside and outside the company.
The Solutions Architect functions in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity, with broad horizontal skill sets and a core competency in networking, packet analysis and security technologies.
The Solutions Architect is competent in key areas such as solution design, production support, relationship building, and client interaction.
Responsibilities include understanding and evaluating current network implementation at client sites and determining any gaps compared to the strategic business direction.
Demonstrates experience in working in a team that analyzes, designs, troubleshoots, and implements network architectures and solutions in order to best meet client requirements; leverages resources from different teams to ensure that customer needs are met.
Determines methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance.
Determines approach for customer, based on assessment of customer needs.
- Demonstrate technical and advisory skills to support customers and sales teams, effectively communicate the technical and business message through collecting all relevant information from clients and creating write-ups with recommendations.
- Advance the art and methodologies used internally for the delivery of customer solutions
- Successfully participate in complex customer accounts or projects, bridging between the needs of the customer and the company
- Work with Sales and Marketing Managers and sales teams to provide technical and business expertise, inner workings of the consulting business and delivery of solutions, such that company service offerings and technical capabilities are maximized on each customer engagement
- Facilitate meetings and present concepts to clients and design solutions to meet their business expectations.
- Proposed solutions exceed customer expectations by creating additional value and the need for future engagements through implementations that meet technical requirements, target schedule milestones and budgets
- Provide teams with in depth knowledge of new advances in networking and security technologies to drive the business and achieve client’s satisfaction
- Actively participate in implementations, migrations, 24×7 support on all turnkey project to all levels of hosting, operations, service level delivery, and support
- Develop internal capacities by training junior engineers in the company to nurture talents and increase business competence in solution architect.
- Participate actively in research and development to improve and increase business offerings
- Effectively manage resources to achieve clients’ expectations.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or advance technical degree is required. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the networking industry as a solutions architect.
- Technical Certification in IP or other relevant area, e.g. CCNP, JNCIP or higher.
- Good understanding and experience in designing, planning and troubleshooting complex IP/MPLS, DWDM, microwave transmission and Access networks with service creation/provisioning.
- Strong background in Solutions/Consultative sales approach and process with ability to translate business needs to product solutions.
- Strong Understanding of the Network Service Provider technical challenges including intimate knowledge of the end-user needs.
- Ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer, partners as well as internally
- Certification(s) in areas of expertise: CCNP, CCIP or higher is required
Competitive remuneration packages will be offered to the successful candidates.
In addition to the pay, the main attraction would be the challenge and growth opportunities that any confident and results-driven persons, who are qualified for the roles, would find exciting in these opportunities at Soliton Telmec.
If you believe you meet the selection criteria presented for these positions, please submit your application and CVs through email to email@example.com to reach us by Friday 8th February 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.