One Acre Fund Repayment Auditor Jobs in Lugari, Western Kenya 2013
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture
Function: Finance System Support
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Repayment Auditor
Job Location: Rural Kenya
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is a start-up NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In five years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; we are seeking an individual to take position in the organization as Repayment Auditor to be based in Lugari western Kenya.
One Acre Fund is looking for experiences, talented and candidates who are committed to making a difference in farmers’ lives.
Contract details: Permanent subject to Performance
- Committed, focused and determined to succeed in life.
- Good computer keyboard skills- Proficient in excel
Primary Duties of Repayment Auditor
- Accurately check and audit all financial reports
- Do regular Audits with staff
- Prepare reports on Audit findings for sharing with supervisor
- Assist in carrying out audit reviews to assess the effectiveness of risk management and adequacy of internal control
- Attend weekly meeting with supervisor to update on weekly progress
- Any other duty as called upon by the supervisor
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
- A minimum of a Degree, preferably Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Management and/ or related relevant academic qualifications.
- At least two years of experience in Accounting or Auditing departments
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and trainingskills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge and skills on data management and reporting
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be honest, discreet and trustworthy.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- An eye for detail.
The candidate must be willing to reside in the western region of Kenya.
Preferred Start Date: Last week of February 2013
Time Line: Resumes should be submitted by 15th February 2013.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: airtime and small transportation allowances related to work
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback.
Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund Kenya is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men of integrity are invited to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Repayment Auditor + the place you heard of the position) and Salary Expectation