Norwegian Refugee Council Human Resources Assistant Jobs in Hagadera Kenya 2013
Reference no.: 1686723630
Kenyan Nationals only
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab, Kakuma and Molo), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire and Asosa) and Yemen (Sa’naa).
The NRC Horn of Africa mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible to implement HR policies in Hagadera.
- Assist in updating and roll-out of Human Resource policies and in observing to ensure that they are respected
- Assist staff in clarifying on HR policies, processes, procedures and standard NRC practices
- Provide the HR and Administrative support (e.g. placement of advertisements, receiving and filling applications, inviting candidates for interviews, organizing interview venues, issuance of new staff identity cards – IDs, etc) during staff and Incentive Workers recruitment processes
- Assist in the induction and orientation of new staff.
- Update and maintain all staff records and individual files including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc
- Assist in generating regular monthly records and reports such as leave report, staff lists, HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover, insurance and other staff issues
- Draft Incentive Worker contracts for review and approval
- Prepare the regular Incentive Staff payroll data for review
- Support in the implementation of staff training and development programs
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff welfare programs/activities
- Contribute in the alignment and design of additional HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Dispatch adverts, faxes, mails, documents and parcels as appropriate and maintain records of the same.
- Undertake and maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Office in accordance with NRC regulations.
- Excellent self and office organization skills
- Excellent individual conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and able to abide by NRC confidentiality clause.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- At least two years experience in the same profession, NGO experience & knowledge is an added advantage.
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Wide understanding of the various recruitment practices & statutory laws.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to speak Somali language is an added advantage
Commencement: As soon as possible
How to apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 10.02.2013