Norwegian Refugee Council Finance Assistants (Quality Control) Jobs vacancy in Hagadera and Dagahaley Kenya 2013
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab, Kakuma and Molo), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire and Asosa) and Yemen (Sa’naa).
The NRC Horn of Africa mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. Now NRC has in Dadaab, the WASH, Shelter, Education and Food Distribution programmes.
Provide support in ensuring that NRC Dadaab, partners and support offices consistently comply with all the legal regulations, financial requirements and humanitarian standards set by NRC and its donor partners.
- Assist in conducting internal reviews to ascertain the extent to which financial and operational controls are consistently and appropriately applied.
- Assist in monitoring Implementing Partners (IPs) expenditures against implementation plans and levels of compliance to NRC and donor grant requirements.
- Assist in carrying out Implementing Partner pre-selection assessments/risk analysis exercise
- Assist in organizing and conducting training programs with the Grants Officers.
- Monitor progress on the implementation of the recommended actions in internal reviews reports
- Assist in preparation of internal review reports
- Oversee all financial requests from the projects and ensure that NRC’s external financial obligations and internal financial management policies, procedures and processes are met.
- Provide guidance to the Project Managers on donor regulations and follow up that the donor requirements are met.
- Carry out all payments previously validated and authorized by the appropriate management staff.
- Ensure that Cash and Bank books records are updated on daily basis, ensuring that all coding is in line with donor and country coding structure.
- Ensure that all the supporting documents (purchase requests, purchase orders, quotations, authorization of payment, etc.) are attached to the receipts and invoices.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial/accounting papers and transactions.
- Prepare and submit monthly accounts to the Finance Officer before the 4th of the following month.
- Prepare end of month reconciliation of cashboxes and bank accounts and submit to FO.
- Carry out responsibilities of the Finance Officer when the latter is absent from the field office as directed by the superiors.
- Check the quality of all the invoices and receipts (date, name, item, quantity, price, total…)
- Office administration skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills with exposure to accounting systems
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and keen to detail
- Diploma in Finance/Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant level II
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Commencement: As soon as possible
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 10.02.2013