LVCT Technical Communications Officer Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Liverpool VCT, Care & Treatment (LVCT) is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
LVCT’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
Position: Technical Communications Officer
Reporting To: Director, Research and Policy
Location: LVCT HQ (Nairobi Kenya)
To provide strategic leadership, fore and oversight for LVCT’s technical and other communications to maximize engagement between LVCT, its beneficiaries, government, donors, general public and other stakeholders at a national and international level.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the industry within which LVCT works and provide leadership in growing LVCT’s communications
- Develop, implement and update the LVCT’s Communications Strategy
- Identify media engagement opportunities, develop media products and coordinate LVCT’s media engagements
- Write, edit and oversee production and dissemination of LVCT’s institutional reports and other publications
- Identify strategic target audiences and identify new communication technologies to deliver on the LVCT business plan, translate and ensure dissemination of LVCT programme information and knowledge into appropriate formats and products
- Develop and implement a knowledge management approach to enhance knowledge sharing and facilitate institutional memory
- Ensure editorial management of the LVCT website content and manage relevant socio-media accounts
- Evaluate use of LVCTs communication products and utilize findings
- Ensure sufficient communications support to LVCT’s programmes and build communications capacity of programme staff
- Monitor and disseminate opportunities for funding, training and capacity building
- Ensures quality of communication products and processes
- Supervision and coordination of division staff, activities and resources and integration with other programmes
- A Master’s degree from a recognised university in Business, Technical or Scientific Writing; Communications; Information technology
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience writing technical publications in English for a variety of audiences. Experience in graphic design is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously undertake multiple projects successfully
- Knowledge of software programmes for multimedia outputs
- A dynamic, creative and innovative individual with ability to thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment with diverse teams
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and CV (Max. 3pgs) along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to email@example.com so as to arrive NOT later than February 06, 2013 stating the position, job reference number and Location on the subject line.
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Failure to follow the above instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer