LVCT MSM Coordinator Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Position: MSM Coordinator
Reporting To: Director, Research and Policy
Location: LVCT HQ (Nairobi Kenya)
Provide leadership, coordination, strategic guidance, fore and oversight for implementation of a comprehensive MSM programme with integrated partnership building, policy advocacy, and technical support for HIV service delivery for MSM to increase access and uptake, with a special focus on those at increased vulnerability such as HIV positive MSM and those with disabilities.
The post holder will implement LVCT’s business plan towards achieving health rights of MSM in Kenya.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify strategic and innovative project areas and funding opportunities, conceptualize, prepare and submit project proposals
- Undertake evidence based policy advocacy and provide technical support at county and national levels as well as to LVCT’s sub partners
- Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders towards meeting LVCT’s strategic objectives and needs of MSM
- Provide continuous technical support and strategic guidance to other LVCT programmes to ensure comprehensive integration of MSM across all programmes
- Develop appropriate IEC materials and messaging
- Support sensitization and capacity development of LVCT staff and its partners to adequately address the HIV/SRH needs of MSM
- Develop partnerships with and provide appropriate technical support to local LGBTI organizations
- Review LVCT’s M&E data on a monthly basis and provide practical recommendations to programmes
- Prepare and manage project implementation budgets and prepare donor reports
- Enhance visibility of the MSM programme and undertake documentation of LVCT’s MSM work
- A bachelor’s degree in Social sciences or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience working with MSM/LGBTI or other vulnerable groups
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization, designing and implementing programmes.
- Excellent analytical, proposal writing, report writing, communication, presentation, interpersonal and supervision skills
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Must be innovative and results oriented person
We encourage applications from minority populations
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and CV (Max. 3pgs) along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to email@example.com so as to arrive NOT later than February 06, 2013 stating the position, job reference number and Location on the subject line.
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Failure to follow the above instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer