Growthcap SME Finance Champions Junior Consultants Jobs in Kenya 2013
Growthcap: “SME Finance Champions” Junior Consultants
Within the wider remit of FSD Kenya, and recognising the strategic importance of SME’s, the GrowthCap Project has been incepted.
GrowthCap is a unique and innovative new initiative designed to build capacity within Kenya’s SME financial sector community through the provision of focussed support to a select group of financial institutions.
GrowthCap seeks to identify and promote real and sustainable innovation in the provision of SME financial products and services i.e. breakthrough thinking that has the potential to be industry defining.
The project will work alongside partner institutions to design and deliver innovative SME-centred products and services; and maximize their commercial performance in a market sector that is accepted as being crucial for future profitability and growth.
We are now looking for ‘SME Finance Champions’ (Junior Consultants) to support the Head of GrowthCap to develop and manage the project, the aim of which is to build the capacity of the financial sector to provide high quality SME centred financial products and services.
The SME Finance Champions will operate at the Project’s front-line and be responsible (in collaboration with the Project Head) for establishing and maintaining trusted partnerships between GrowthCap and the selected Action Research Partners; and managing lines of communication between the organisations (where applicable).
Who we need
At a minimum you will have:
- At least a first degree (or its equivalent) in Economics, Management, Business Administration, Public Sector/Administration, Finance or any other related discipline.
- Commitment to remain within the Financial Services Sector, & drive change post project
- Change management experience, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable ‘emotional intelligence’, strong facilitation skills, creative problem solving capability and the ability to influence others by logic & persuasion
- Strong project management skills and business acumen.
- Ability to communicate well and work as part of a team.
If you think you could be the right person for this role please send a covering letter and CV by email to
The Recruiting Manager,
Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd,
Please put ‘’SME Finance Champion” in the subject line.
Short listed candidates will be contacted by Human Capital Synergies Africa to set up an interview.
Applications must be received not later than Friday 8th February, 2013.