DanChurchAid Programme Area Facilitator / Disaster Risk Reduction Officer Jobs vacancy in Turkana Kenya 2013
DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya Office is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan
national for following position:
national for following position:
Programme Area Facilitator / Disaster Risk Reduction Officer (PAF/DRRO)
DCA Kenya Office
The PAF/DRRO is to serve for a period of one year (renewable) starting as soon as possible.
The position is 80% field based (Turkana County) and 20% Nairobi based (DCA Satellite Office).
The PAF/DRRO will report to the DCA Program Coordinator – Kenya with the DCA Regional Representative based in Juba South Sudan having the overall responsibility.
DCA is working with local partners in South Sudan and Kenya to assist the poorest of the poor with a focus on protection, combating hunger, working for peace and conflict mitigation and the safe removal of explosive remnants of war (EWR).
In Kenya, the operational area is Turkana County with a focus on the refugees and the Turkana host community (mainly building resilience & disaster risk reduction).
For more information on DCA visit: www.dca.dk
The main responsibilities of the PAF/DRRO are:
- Play a proactive accompanying role with DCA partners that enable a sector integrated approach in relief, rehabilitation and development as well as facilitate institutionalised communication/coordination among stakeholders and promote a right based approach in all DCA programming.
- Support the partners in assessing and facilitating appropriate capacity development measures for staff, rights holders and duty bearers relevant to the project/programme.
- Facilitate and support the partner staff in the implementation of the Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction/Building Resilience project/s through training and technical backstopping in the development and implementation of DRR action plans at the community level.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among partners and other stakeholders through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Initiate baseline information collation, monitoring/evaluations and other assessments and recommend accordingly as well as initiate concept paper development at field level.
- University level education in a relevant field (preferably at master’s level).
- Qualification in community development and/or at least 5 years experience in community development (preferably working with pastoralists in Kenya – knowledge of Turkana County is an added advantage)
- Technical skills and hands on experience in community managed disaster risk reduction (CMDRR) initiatives.
- Proven project cycle management and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Profound knowledge of the international standards for working with humanitarian response such as SPHERE, Code of Conduct, Do-No-Harm & Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP).
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Self-driven and results orientated in challenging natural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills.
- Excellence in English, oral and written.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (including e-mail address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must have been your supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Mark e-mail “PAFDRRO-Kenya / candidate’s surname”.
The deadline for applications is 08th February 2013 at 5pm