Agribusiness Multinational Company Technical Crop Expert Jobs in Kenya 2013
We are a Multinational Company operating in the Agribusiness industry.
We are looking for a selfdriven, confident individual to fill the following vacant position:
Technical Crop Expert
Responsible for the Technical territory crop strategy to maximize market share % gain while building the interface between Territory Research & Development and the Technical advisors in the Commercial Units.
Actively participate in design, communication, and implementation of technical crop solutions for the assigned crop while providing technical knowledge and expertise tailored to the crop strategy in the territory (positioning & competitor comparisons) for individual products in Crop Protection and seeds.
Job Profile & Accountabilities
- Link to Global / regional development teams, transfer in depth product expertise for local use.
- Feed in technical needs of the Territory for the crop (product profiling and design targets) to global/region.
- Provide/validate/evaluate technical elements of crop and brand strategies at territory crop level (technical assumptions and stories including competitors).
- Identify, communicate and steward technical attributes / profiles of our products and Integrated Solutions portfolio for each assigned crop market by providing technical guidance.
- Set and follow up, consolidate and analyze trials and trial results for the territory down to regional level to build deep understanding of Company solutions, to sharpen their positioning and maximize the impact of product launches
- Accountable for technical sign off for campaigns and crop level promotional material.
- Competitor technology positioning analysis and story development to support competitive positioning.
Critical technical & professional capabilities, experience and knowledge
- Degree in Agriculture or relevant technical qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in a technical or commercial role in the vegetable or agribusiness sector.
- Builds a culture of innovation, Manages for performance & Collaborates across boundaries.
- Demonstrated strengths in communication, self-organization and problem solving.
- Developed negotiation/influencing skills across different cultures.
- Excellent team working, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Works with minimal supervision, consults & updates superiors on key decisions and issues.
- Knowledge about East Africa and willingness to travel.
- Delivers distinctive technical stories as part of product / integrated solutions positioning.
- Has deep and broad agronomical, crop and product knowledge including Field trials.
Applications, attaching CV’s, copies of certificates and testimonials to be forwarded not later than Wednesday 13th February 2013 to:
DNA Voucher No.1449
DNA Voucher No.1449