Transparency International Head of Programmes Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Transparency International - Kenya (TI-Kenya) is part of the Transparency International group that is a non-partisan coalition of individuals with a shared vision of corruption free world.
Transparency International Kenya seeks to employ a Head of Programmes who will be charged with the overall leadership and oversee the day to day management and development of Transparency International-Kenya programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and technical support to governance and policy institutions in Kenya, donors and partner NGOs on strategy and policy development and implementation as well as providing advice and monitoring on citizen engagement initiatives.
- Supervision of Programme Coordinators and Programme Officers by providing direction, input and feedback
- Develop initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Guided by the TI Kenya Strategy 2012-2017 and organizational mandate, develop all TI-Kenya programmes.
- Overall management of programmes, including quality control.
- Responsible for overall programme budgets.
- Coordinating the overall reporting to donors and stakeholders
- Coordination of programme and projects activities with stakeholders
- Representing TI-Kenya in various settings and meetings as directed by the Executive Director.
- Ensure programmes operate within approved budgets
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Providing input and support to the Programme Coordinator in the development and review of strategies to realize the objectives of the organization.
- Supporting the maintenance of constructive working relations with Kenya government, civil society, bilateral and multilateral agencies
- Supporting the maintenance of collaborative relationships with partner organizations and the development of collaborative programme strategies
- Supporting capacity-building of partner institutions and coordination with regional and international TI chapters
- Collaboration with relevant research and higher learning institutions
- Providing technical support to the development of structured opportunities to facilitate internal and partner learning
- Assisting in project monitoring, reviews and evaluations and the development of good practice guidelines
- Take lead in the development of resourcing strategies that respond to programme and organizational objectives
- Oversee the identification and securing of funding in accordance with budget targets
- Oversee and provide guidance in the development of project proposals and progress reports based on established standards as required
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or any other relevant qualification
- At least 7 years of experience working in a Non-Governmental Organisation
- Experience in managing teams within the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of TI-Kenya
- Relevant third level education (development, rural development, community development, organizational and institutional capacity building and development)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in management positions having managed and developed successful programmes with excellent people management skills
- High level skills in report writing and presentation
- Ability and experience to conceptualise, implement and evaluate programmes
- Knowledge of dynamics of partnership and experience in a role directly involved with such partnerships
- A good appreciation of advocacy
- A mature self-starter, a good communicator and team builder with the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Knowledge of the NGO sector
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience in proposal writing with a proven ability to secure donor funding
- Strategic thinker
- Solid experience in programme management
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of flexibility
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) by email on/before close of business on 5th February 2013 to: email@example.com
Please include the reference: Head of Programmes as the subject of your email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.