Tours Consultant Jobs Vacancy in Kisumu Kenya 2013
A tours and travel company with its head office here in Nairobi, is interested in hiring a well natured, proficient tour consultant to its new office in Kisumu.
- Responding to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Manage the entire tours department, set the targets and formulate ways of achieving and exceeding the same.
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Doing research and producing periodical newsletters and e-brochures with current offers to be sent out to clients/TAs
- Doing tour bookings – both in-bound and out-bound
- Doing regular check on the company website to ensure it is up to date and running smoothly
- Ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Ensuring the rates files are orderly & up to date
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels
- Arranging to see vehicles (and if possible be accompanied by customer reps) before start of service to ensure quality and minimize customer complains
- Briefing drivers before they depart for safari
- Preparing welcome packs for tourists before departure for safari
- Ensure clients’ special requests especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are pre-arranged.
- Being on standby ready to provide solutions in case of any hitch during safari
- Coordinating with travel consultants to arrange flying & ground packages Opening client tour files for upcoming tours
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Overseeing Quality Control of all Safari Vehicles (Company owned or Sub-hired )
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree or a diploma in Tours & Travel operations or tourism management
- At least 2 year experience in Tours & Travel in a busy environment
- Basic Training in business management or sales &marketing will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and destinations within East Africa
- Being detail-oriented & Customer service orientated
- Excellent Computer knowledge
- Interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work long hours, with minimal or no supervision and be able to meet deadlines.
- Experience as a tours sales and marketing executive will be an added advantage
Send your cover letter and CV with names of three referees including your daytime telephone numbers to email@example.com on or before 4th Feb 2013.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet the above requirements.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.