Procurement & Stores Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Position: Procurement & Stores Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Role Objective / Summary
The holder of this position is responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and update on stock projections and re-order levels and procurement deadlines.
- Supervise all stores staff processes and activities.
- Forecast procurement needs and Implement procurement strategy and policies
- Create and implement Key Performance Indicators.
- Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
- Monitor trends in suppliers and implement plans to react.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers.
- Lead the procurement group in all activities.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved quotations.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review work of staff responsible for purchasing including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements and ensure procurement files are in order.
- Train purchasing and stores Clerks in the department.
- Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
- Liaise with Accounts Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the company with the supplier.
- Responsible for departmental administrative issues.
- Provides input on budget as requested for
- Take part in the recruitment function for these functions as requested to
- Assist in training need analysis for the staff members in these departments
- Call for and chair the Procurement and Stores departmental meetings at least once a week and report on the minutes submitted to the HR office within 24 hours.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on these functions without fail and any other report regarding these functions as requested for.
NB: This job description may be amended by the management as seen fit at a later date.
- Minimum degree in Procurement
- Experience in an industry that handles imports and exports is a must.
- Strong technical background would be an advantage
- Minimum two (2) years experience.
- Age limit, between 28 years and 38 years
Only candidates fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email
- their detailed CVs,
- Indicate your availability and
- Current and Expected salary
Only qualified candidates should send their updated CVs Via email to ‘email@example.com’