Information Systems Officer Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Reporting to: General Manager – ICT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily support for users on hardware and software installation of computers
- Medical software, General Insurance Software, Web servers including Mobile application
- Management servers
- Performs frequent server checks and implements patches on servers also applying operating system updates patches, and configuration changes
- Performs maintenance of desktop computers and performance tuning.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information.
- Working on Database maintenance.
- Technical support and troubleshooting any reported problems.
- Responsibility for documenting the changes to the system.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries and recovery tests
- Maintains software, including testing, evaluation and installation of new versions or authorized modifications to custom and vendor-supplied operating systems and related software.
- Determines and initiates appropriate and immediate actions needed to restore normal services with minimal down time.
- Investigates recurring and related operating system failures/inefficiencies by reviewing system logs, dumps and other information from clients or technical personnel.
- Works with hardware and software vendors to diagnose and correct problems.
- Monitors and evaluates operating efficiency, analyzes hardware/software performance and tuning.
- Prepares documentation of systems and software for permanent records.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Oracle 11g, Oracle development and database knowledge
- Microsoft Server OS knowledge,
- Web application Development including Mobile application.
- Experience on application implementation and user support and related activities.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in system support in a busy medical department
- Good communication Skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work with a team.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to email@example.com indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 5th February, 2013.