CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Research Associates Jobs in Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support. About the position
Successful candidate will be assigned to carry out research on behalf of CAP YEI.
The assignments will be project based.
The right candidate must be self-driven and must work with minimal Supervision.
- To perform research on various CAP YEI Project activities.
- Conduct field research including informal and formal surveys.
- To carry our market scans as per project requirement.
- Prepare reports of market scans.
- Proven research and presentation skills.
- Developing questionnaires and research tools.
- Strong methodological understanding
- Experience in conducting one to one interviews, group interviews and in-depth interviews.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Networking skills a must.
- Must be flexible.
- Strong Research skills are essentials.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills are must
- Two (2) years working experience as a researcher.
- Aged 26 – 33 years.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma.
- Experience in primary data collection
- Strong scientific/ report writing skills.
- Practical experience conducting field surveys including both qualitative and quantitative data
How to apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to email@example.com by 30th January 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.