CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Curriculum Developer Job in Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, supported by MasterCard Foundation, is established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
Successful candidate will be based at CAP offices in Westlands.
He/she will be in charge of designing, developing, reviewing and implementing curriculums in CAP centers.
Successful candidate will also evaluate the current curriculums and make the necessary changes in line with the Kenyan job market.
The position entails 50% office work and 50% field work.
- Design and Develop Curriculum Content, Training Materials, Training Modules and Teaching Aids
- Developing Curricula to be used by Training Facilitators and Participants.
- Standardizing Training Materials and Content.
- Working Closely with Trainers in CAP Centre’s to Design and Roll out Curriculum that provides students with high quality Education.
- Stay current with curricular trends
- Research new and innovative curriculum practices.
- Assists and coordinates curriculum alignment processes for CAP schools.
- Research, evaluate, and prepare recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials for school systems.
- Recommend, order, or authorize purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment, and visual aids designed to meet student educational needs.
- Develop tests, questionnaires, and procedures that measure the effectiveness of curricula, and use these tools to determine whether program objectives are being met.
- Observe work of teaching staff to evaluate performance, and to recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Develop instructional materials to be used by educators and instructors.
- Knowledge of curriculum design.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Strong knowledge of instructional systems design and adult learning theory.
- Enthusiasm to work towards empowering youths.
- Great understanding of the current requirements, trends and Gaps of human capital and develop curriculums that will produce talents and skills to fill those Gaps.
- Deeper understanding of Kenyan curriculum
- Must possess the right skills, knowledge and attitude.
- Teaching experience is a must have requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing curriculum, preferably in the Kenyan education sector.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while ensuring that project deliverables are on track according to the organization’s identified needs.
How to apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th January 2013
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.