Director of Programs Jobs Vacancy at USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program kenya 2013
Are you a politically savvy diplomat?
Do you enjoy travel and adventure?
Are you a respected leader in the Somali community?
Are you passionate about contributing to peace and stability in Somalia?
If you are an experienced Somali-speaking Kenyan and would you like to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives for Somalia, please read on!
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
- University degree in International Development, International Affairs, Political Science, Economics or relevant field.
- Masters degree in any of the above disciplines preferred.
- Minimum Ten years of experience on international development programs, preferably in Somalia or the Kenya-Somalia border.
- Experience working in politically sensitive and/or unstable security environments.
- Experience liaising with a range of government, civil society and private sector representatives in Somalia. Prior experience working on USAID or DFID funded projects, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to provide in-depth political analysis in writing and verbally.
- Ability to apply conflict sensitive approaches and do-no-harm principles on the ground.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.