American Refugee Committee (ARC) Admin, Logistics & Procurement Officer Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Position title:- Admin, Logistics & Procurement Officer
Duty Station:- Nairobi with Extensive travel to Somalia
ARC International is looking for a dynamic and results oriented professional to fill in the position of Administration, Logistics and procurement officer for Nairobi office.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Co-ordinator, the incumbent is tasked with overseeing Administration, logistics and procurement for the Nairobi and Lower Juba impact areas and support Somalia country office in Mogadishu with procurement and logistical support
Major Areas of Accountability
- Arrange customs clearance, booking, travel and visa requirements for expat staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Liaise with suppliers, NGOs, and represent ARC at logistics cluster meeting.
- Maintain efficient inventory system and coding of all items and proper filing and recording system.
- Ensure that all issues related to taxes, travel permits, licenses, registration, etc. are managed with the approval of the Country Director as and when required.
- To ensure and effectively monitor that all international staff engaged by the Somalia Programme have valid working documents (Business Visas. Special Passes, Work permits, are registered to pay tax and secure a PIN number.
- Ensure that up-to-date information on travel, work permits/special passes, guesthouses occupations is readily available.
- Ensure filing systems for all administration functions are maintained and current
- Prepare Administration cost benefit operational reports (Office stationery, guesthouses, hotels etc) to monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Maintain a “welcome to Nairobi” document to be sent to visitors prior to arrival and ensure that all visitors receive a security briefing within 24 hours of arrival in Nairobi.
- Ensure that all Nairobi based staff, and where requested Somalia based staff, hold up to date ARC ID cards.
- Ensure that all general office equipment are regularly serviced and maintained.
- Maintain a handbook incorporating all ARC guidelines and policies related to administration
- Develop, implement and regularly evaluate office (including guest houses) policies and procedures, ensuring they are being adhered to and provide suggestions for areas of improvement to improve operational efficiency
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are made for staff and visitors (including interview candidates and consultants) to facilitate their entry in the countries they are visiting;
- Manage guesthouse bookings, housekeeping and maintenance requests.
- Ensure that the office is regularly serviced and maintained in a clean and appropriate manner.
- Regularly update the Somalia Programme staff lists, contact lists with Global directory and the NGO Consortium data base.
Procurement and Logistics
- Plan, implement and/or supervise key services in the procurement process including asset management, general supply chain and functioning.
- Plan, implement and/or supervise/or coordinate logistics, procurement (goods & services) whilst conforming to donor, ARC regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that the ARC procedures for procurement purchasing and storage of goods and services are in place and meet ARC requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date list of major vendors, suppliers and service providers for all Operational locations
- Plan and Implement the internal and external statutory law that affect the procurement and logistic.
- Advice the Administration and Finance Managers and/or Program Manager/ on all issues related to procurement and logistics and ensure transparency and accountability in all activities
- Provide inputs to budgets and project proposals for procurement and logistics activities
- When interacting with all parties maintain position of principled political neutrality and operational independence
- Develop a system of tracking procurement and logistics requests and generate status reports.
- Ensure all reports are produced on time and are consistently of a high quality.
- Document all Warehouse activities in the most updated and efficient manner.
- Make sure that all the GIK are tracked and distributed to the beneficiary with ARC form and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- 3-5 years experience in administration and procurement for an NGO. Minimum 2 years of supervisory.
- Must be a CIPS Graduate
- 1st Degree in Supply Chain Management/Commerce/Business Administration
- Ability to work with a team in an intense environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft software products: Excel, Word,
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, sense of humor and good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, ability to speak Somali will be an added advantage.
Application letter and copies of relevant academic and technical qualifications should be sent to: arcsomalia firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com not later than 1st February 2013.