Mobius Motors Distribution Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
We are seeking an exceptional professional to establish and manage the service and spare parts and finished-vehicle distribution network for Mobius Motors.
The role will require close working relationships with East African automotive suppliers, the venture’s Supply Chain Senior Associate, Procurement & Regulatory Manager, Technical Director and Mechanics; to coordinate purchases, delivery, and quality assurance of inputs into Mobius vehicle service and spare parts networks.
- Develop ordering and logistics strategy to determine lowest cost and highest service levels to ensure spare part availability to Mobius customers.
- Identify and support selection of international and local suppliers for service and spare parts.
- Analyse and establish in-country service and spare part distribution network, including evaluating potential partners, warehouse sites and hub-and-spoke versus point-to-point distribution networks strategies.
- Establish process for inventory management; including ordering, receiving, point of sale transactions and stocking level rationalisation.
- Establish low cost strategy for delivering finished vehicles from contract assembler in Kenya to customers.
- Monitor and analyse performance of international and local suppliers for service and spare parts against agreed metrics.
- Negotiate and manage outsourced in-country transportation network of spare parts.
- Coordinate with Procurement team to optimise sourcing for component parts between production components and after sale.
- Coordinate with Marketing team to identify potential aftermarket parts, not included in the base vehicle, that can be developed locally and sold at profit within after sales market.
- Track warranty claims and perform analysis of spend between service parts, warranty claims, and ancillary component sales and profitability.
- Develop financial cash flow forecasts that align with inventory and ordering requirements.
- Work with Procurement & Regulatory Manager and freight forwarders to manage customs documentation and clearance.
- Identify service and spare parts for localised manufacture within Kenya.
- Work with Supply Chain Senior Associate to develop service and spare parts distribution strategy for product launches in Tanzania and Uganda for 2015 and beyond.
- Track supplier performance and work with Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain colleagues to conduct supplier development.
- Support Sales team to identify and evaluate future franchised sales partners in key locations within East Africa (initially Kenya).
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding skills in negotiation and process management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in managing East African suppliers and working with ambiguity – preferably within the automotive industry.
The candidate should be able to develop analytically sound strategies and execute those to achieve clear, objective results.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Procurement, Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business, Economics or similar
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- 4+ years related experience in distribution
- Excellent problem solving ability in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical skills with regards to data manipulation and the ability to create information from data
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, and Access
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal oriented, flexible, and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with spending 10-25% of time traveling within East Africa (initially Kenya), possibly on short notice
- 6+ years related experience in automotive and distribution
- Fluency in Kiswahili
- Proficiency in Project, Access, Visio
How to apply