Finlays Technical Liaison Officer Jobs vacancy Kenya 2013
Technical Liaison Officers – 2
Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agri-business that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products.
Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 21,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
We intend to recruit two Technical Liaison Officers to join our Dudutech Division in Naivasha Region.
- Plan, develop and implement Integrated Pest Management strategies
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve pest and disease related problems through monitoring, evaluation and implementing solutions.
- Provide direction and communicate reports on IPM issues to the growers and advice on remedial action through proper record keeping and trend analysis
- Using excellent customer service skills establish and maintain effective working relationship with growers by promptly responding to complaints and concerns as may be required
Qualifications – Minimum Requirement
- A science degree with a major field of study in Agriculture or Horticulture from a recognised University
- At least 5 years experience on Crop Protection and IPM
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Self driven, motivated, energetic and excellent communication skill
- Computer Literate and a valid driving licence
Those who fulfill the above requirements should address their applications attaching a copy of their ID card and relevant certificates to the undersigned giving a reliable telephone contact not later than 4th February 2013.
Those who shall not have heard from us by 13th February 2013 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org