Scott Christian University University Librarian Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
Summary: Responsible for the administration of the University Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Submits recommendations on library policies and services to governing body and implements policy decisions.
- Analyzes, selects, and executes recommendations of personnel such as department heads or supervisors.
- Coordinates all activities of library.
- Analyzes and coordinates departmental budget estimates and controls expenditures to administer approved budget.
- Reviews and evaluates orders for books and audiovisual materials.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings and participates in community and professional meetings to discuss and act on library problems.
- Examines and selects materials to be discarded, repaired, or replaced.
- Interprets, implements, and recommends library policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and consultation to library personnel, government officials, and others concerning the collection development policy and long-range planning.
- Prepares budget, program, annual, and special reports.
- Conducts public relations programs to increase public awareness and support of library programs and services.
- Supervises operation of the integrated automated library system.
- Oversees technical training and support for automated library systems.
- Participates in professional conferences and workshops to keep informed of changes in the library field.
- Plans and implements new information technologies to meet changing needs.
- Assists in reference, cataloging, and acquisitions work as necessary.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, , and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Library and information Science. Masters degree in the same area will be an added advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups.
Preferred computer knowledge within area of assigned responsibility or the ability to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Professional Certifications, Licenses, or Registrations within area of assigned responsibility preferred.
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th January 2013.
Human Resource Office
Scott Christian University
P.O Box 49-90100
Email address. email@example.com