Scott Christian University PR/Marketing Officer jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
- The candidate must be a born again Christian.
- The candidate should have extensive PR experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed
- Interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames and proven ability to oversee marketing and advertising activities.
- This is an opportunity to raise the profile of a well-established and inspirational organisation
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the University
- Broaden awareness of its values and priorities.
- Raise the profile of Scott Christian University , increase its publicity to all Kenyan
- Develop and implement a University wide plan to increase enrolment.
- To develop and maintain a database of media contacts.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow the University to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- To achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organisation and have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language. Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Work with the ICT department to maximise the impact of electronic communications in relation to marketing and new media.
- To develop an annual marketing plan.
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding the Scott’s special events, public announcements, fundraising,Outreach activities and other projects. Particularly media coverage for all the graduations.
- Create marketing materials where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting and planning, and working with the team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values Learning and a commitment to quality.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a related subject.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a PR/Marketing and communications leadership role.
- Experience of working within a membership based organisation and an understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Excellent communicator, with experience of public speaking and good interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and approach/methods through multimedia including the Web.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current client relationships and forge new ones.
- Must have Vision, Communications Strategy and Leadership.
- Clear understanding of ecological issues and supportive of the ethos of Scott Christian University.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees and current /expected salary
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 8th February 2013.
Human Resource Office
Scott Christian University
P.O Box 49-90100, Machakos
Email address. firstname.lastname@example.org