Scott Christian University ICT Manager/Director Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
This position reports to the DVC- Academic Affairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the University ICT development.
- Formulate an effective ICT strategy and policy and standards for the University and monitor adherence to the same.
- Support E-learning across the university.
- Formulate and implement an effective ICT risk management strategy.
- Implement, manage, monitor and undertake periodic review of ICT policy and technical designs including disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- From time to time re-engineer the existing business processes ¡n line with changes in the operating environment.
- Guide the procurement of hardware and software products for the university.
- Oversee support services and training to system users.
- Manage University ICT resources such as websites, intranet, local and wide area networks, data centre and telephony services.
- Coordinate licensing issues with software/hardware vendors.
- Plan, develop and implement the ICT budget, where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness and ensure operations meet approved budget levels;
- Research and advice on emerging technologies and trends in ICT that can benefit the university
- Promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations, coach, mentor and train new ICT support staff.
- Designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems.
- Design and implement university wide information systems.
A masters degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Information Technology,. Those with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, with some years of experience in a busy ICT environment may also be considered.
Key Personal Attributes
- Understanding of systems development lifecycle
- Strategic mindset with ability to undertake and monitor long term planning
- Organizational skills including possessing solid project management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to implement Enterprise wide Systems.
- Extensive experience in hardware and software support and management
- Experience in data centre management
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th January 2013.
Human Resource Office
Scott Christian University
P.O Box 49-90100 ,Machakos.
Email address. firstname.lastname@example.org