Scott Christian University Cook Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
General Scope of the Post
The post holder is accountable to the Manager for providing a catering service for the University and where necessary the provision of meals for all function within without the university.
To understand the need to promote the privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and
Fulfillment of all clients, treating everyone with respect.
The Cook is responsible to the Cateress.
- Undertake menu planning in consultation with the Chef.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, Snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
- Ensure menus are displayed showing choices.
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account Diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
- Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies.
- Where meals are provided for another establishment and the community, oversee the Packaging of the meals in the absence of the Chef.
- Oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other Kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety Standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
- Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wears is worn at all times.
- Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendation as appropriate.
- Act as Supervisor to the Kitchen Staff Team on shift.
- Deputize for the Chef during his/her absence.
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within thegeneral scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the university may require voluntary work attendance outside normal working hours.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the University:
- Participation in staff meetings.
- Participation in training activities.
- Participation in staff supervision and appraisal.
- Participate in quality assurance systems.
- Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
- All duties must be carried out to comply with:-
- Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements.
- Statutory legislation, in particular the Health and Hygiene regulations.
- Nationally and locally agreed Codes of Good Practice.
- Fire precautions.
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be
affected by your acts of omissions.
Minimum of a diploma in Food and Beverage management is preferred.
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 30th January 2013.
Human Resource Office
Scott Christian University
P.O Box 49-90100
Email address. firstname.lastname@example.org