M-KOPA Kenya Hardware Engineer Jobs Vacancy Kenya 2013
M-KOPA Kenya Ltd is a new company using mobile payments to provide “pay as you go” solar energy services. M-KOPA is seeking energetic and experienced Area Sales managers to manage a growing dealer network in new regions of Kenya.
Successful applicants for this role will be commercially-focused sales professionals with a proven ability to manage local networks of businesses in a related sector such as financial services, mobile money, airtime, consumer goods, or other goods and services across Kenya.
Who we are
What we do
M-KOPA products are distributed and sold through a network of local dealers and outlets, who are paid a commission when customers make payments.
Title: Hardware Engineer
- Maintenance support for M-KOPA’s solar home lighting system, including PCB level diagnosis and repair, and management of repair logs.
- Assembly and maintenance of new product prototypes in the workshop and in the field, including population of PCBs and general wiring.
- Testing of prototypes under development (for example, life cycle and functional testing) including development of testing processes, overseeing test plans, diagnosis of faults, and documentation of results.
- Local sourcing of electrical and electronics supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or electronics.
- Ability to read and develop circuit schematics and board layouts in a CAD an ECAD program (for example, EAGLE).
- Experience analyzing and debugging electronics at the PCB level.
- Willing to travel outside Nairobi (on a daily basis) for maintenance of field prototypes
- Knowledge of hardware (embedded hardware) and firmware interaction is an added advantage