Independent Financial Advisor jobs Career in Kenya 2013
Job Title/Function: IFA
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Senior Advisor
Overall Purpose of the Job
- After understanding client needs, to explain to the client what gaps they have in their financial planning and provide solutions for these gaps.
- To get the client to sign up with solutions from us.
- To provide “wow” after sales service.
Main Activities and Tasks
- Achieve sales targets set by management
- Prospect clients through:
- cold calling
- Personal networking
- Standard referral system
- Group presentations
- Participating in expos and marketing events
- Create need for WIS products in prospective clients
- Generate business via cross-selling to existing clients
- Present periodic reports on performance to supervisor
- Attend and participate company sponsored corporate events
- Liaise with internal departments in order to service clients.
- Service existing client via:
- Personal visits
- Telephone calls
- Email correspondence
Education /Professional Qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in a Business related field.
- Professional qualification in financial advisory
- Computer literate and possessing excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the local and International Financial Markets.
- Must have good communication skills that reflect a professional image of the Company in order to cultivate and develop a long-term relationship with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be able to comprehend and execute instructions from superiors.
- Outgoing and passionate about working with and for people.
- Should be able to work closely as a team member with colleagues and superiors.
- Innovative, proactive and creative, especially with regards to developing systems, policies, procedures and problem solving.
- Must be able to react and keep abreast of daily changes in the industry.
- Must be able to think fast and provide solutions to problems and client expectations.
- Should have the ability to develop and derive new procedures and processes to improve customer service.
- Should be able to handle pressure and stress of customer and staff demands.
- Should be able to handle pressure and stress of an excessive workload and extra responsibilities at times.
- Is open to and is able to cope with change, is able to deal with ambiguity as a result of change.
- Good time management and multi tasking skills.
- At least 1 year experience on selling financial products, or 3 years experience in Corporate Sales.
- Honest and Hardworking with the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all correspondence and process.
- Quick thinker – is able to think on their feet.
- Resilient – Emotionally restrained, rarely upset by criticism.
- Takes the initiative within the freedom to act.
- Optimistic – Able to keep spirits up despite setbacks.
- Innovative – generates ideas, showing ingenuity and thinks up solutions.
- Achievement/ results oriented – Needs to do well, enjoys challenges, and is strongly motivated to achieve impressive results.
- Assertive – will put forward an idea or view despite opposition and without violating rights of others.
- Affiliative – shares with and consults others, enjoys working in a collaborative context.
- Socially Confident – At ease with meeting people, knows what to say and is quick to establish rapport.
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org