Group Head of Legal and Corporate Affairs Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2013
We are looking for a Group Head of Legal and Corporate Affairs for one of our clients.
The job holder will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders at the unit level, including associates, government/regulators, non-governmental organizations, academia, key opinion formers, and communities.
- Drive communications, public relations, community affairs, and corporate social responsibility activities in alignment with corporate policies of the group.
- Contextualize internal and external communication as appropriate.
Disclaimer: Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements stated above need not apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
All applicants must send scanned copies of their pay slips and testimonials as part of the application.
Note that TalentRecruit uses third party entities to verify all relevant documents that include academic and police certificates, pay-slips among others