FMCG / Liquor Industry Company Logistics Manager Jobs in Kenya 2013 (USD 2,000 – 2,300)
Industry: Duty Free Retail
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Type of Hire: Local
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: USD 2,000 – 2,300 per month
- To develop systems and processes that allow for tracking and measurement of key parameters that govern performance of lead-time.
- To keep proactive track & trace of movement of consignments, in order to manage maximum efficiency & optimum stock inventory and timely delivery of goods.
- Ensure no demurrage.
- Effectively manage vendors for ensuring proper delivery of their services.
- To communicate effectively with the vendors – Transporters, forwarding agents, courier companies, etc. for movements of goods and track the consignments.
- Involved to support contract administration activities for all warehousing and transportation contracts.
- Planning & Scheduling of Shipment, Transportation and Documentation.
- Co-ordination with transporters/CFS agents/Shipping lines.
- Ensuring location complaints are investigated and closed to the satisfaction of locations.
- Ensure efficient management of surface transportation.
- Responsible for Road freight Negotiations with carriers and ensure that we get the most competitive price in the market.
- To effectively plan pre-shipment / post shipment advance intimation of delivery to locations.
- Responsible to ensure that we get the best rates for sea/air/inland haulage.
- Create MIS on a regular basis to track consignments and monitor the costs towards CNF.
- Constantly work on bettering the CNF rates to all the relevant locations.
- Minimum Bachelors in Business Administration or equivalent discipline;
- Proficiency in Supply Chain Management and Logistics;
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Supply Chain Management and Logistics;
- Knowledge of working on an ERP solution an added advantage.
- Upholds professional ethics
- Proficient in use of technology
- Passionate towards work, self-motivated, takes initiative and responsibility
- Focuses on goals & deadlines, encourages teamwork, creativity & trust
- Delivers beyond promise
- Appreciates constructive criticism
- Good organizational & planning abilities
- Analytical skills & business acumen